Jamf Commands Pending

ks8679
New Contributor

Hi All,

We have a few laptops that are actively checking in and performing inventory updates however, there are a couple commands that have been pending for a week, like the "lock device" command.

I have attempted the following in an attempt to fix:

• Canceling all pending commands
  • Sending a blank push

Any ideas on what could be the issue? The lock command has worked well in the past and the only thing recently changed was the MacOS updates(beta) was turned on and we've been upgrading people from 14.0 to 14.6. All devices were already on Sonoma before the issue arose.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

KarstenAckmann
New Contributor II

Hi!

Did you fill out the optional message field, when locking a device? If not, this prevents the command from sending. PI in actual release. In general, I observed, that Jamf Remote Assist is delaying MDM Commands. But after a time they will be executed. So does a "lock device" with filled message filed work?

View solution in original post

We have the lock command pushed from another integration that we use for automating our offboarding procedure. It only gives the option to enter in a code, not a message though. I pushed the command again with a message and it worked! Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

KarstenAckmann
New Contributor II

Hi!

Did you fill out the optional message field, when locking a device? If not, this prevents the command from sending. PI in actual release. In general, I observed, that Jamf Remote Assist is delaying MDM Commands. But after a time they will be executed. So does a "lock device" with filled message filed work?

Ran into the same issue of the "Lock" command getting stuck with a pending status and your suggestion worked great, thank you!! Is there a known issue case number for this? 

Thanks again!

Hi!

The following known issue is documented: PI119853

We have the lock command pushed from another integration that we use for automating our offboarding procedure. It only gives the option to enter in a code, not a message though. I pushed the command again with a message and it worked! Thank you so much!