Jamf ID is missing work email, and associations.

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Reason for this post is to start a conversation around Jamf IDs.

As of late, my Jamf ID is missing Organization email, organization association, certifications, as well as products.
(Last I checked, I can still access support tickets sot this is a good thing)

I reached out to support, and they had me create a seperate Jamf ID using my business email and I'm being told that this account will be tied to the organization.

I asked for my Jamf certifications to be connected with my personal Jamf ID again.

Is this really how we are doing this now?
Having to maintain a private Jamf ID and work Jamf ID?

There is a bit of discussion on this on Slack, however I wanted to share this information here, for those of us who are not using/not able to access Slack.

4 REPLIES 4

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

Same here, I am missing associations once I log in. I thought they were working on this fix and saw the banner at the bottom right. So you had to create a new separate Jamf ID?

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

That is correct, I was asked to create a new Jamf ID using my work email.

Under that account, I can see my Products and most of my certifications but not all.

Jamf support added my personal Jamf ID back to our organization, so I now have access to our products again. My certifications are still missing though.

Weird that you were asked to create a work ID. Seems like they're trying to find a solution to something that was completely fine the way it was.

I suspect with the new Partner Hub (that I also cannot access), they want everyone to be using a Jamf ID linked to to their work email. Seems unnecessary when our personal Jamf ID's are already linked to our organization and work email.

As long as my certifications are always linked to me and not my organization, because that's something I feel strongly about.       

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

Same here. Added personal Jamf ID back. All is back, minus my certs as well.

They said it'll take some time, but they are working on it.