JAMF Nation Emails

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

Is anyone else having issues with emails from the JAMF Nation website? I used to get an email message when I posted something on JAMF nation and now I'm not. I also used to get an email anytime a message was posted to a thread I had participated in, but I'm not anymore. I'm still getting messages for threads I have bookmarked and messages when I'm mentioned in a post, so clearly some of the system is working. Just wondering is anyone was seeing abnormal email behavior from the website. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

tron_jones
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@mpermann

Seeing the same thing. Only get emails when somebody mentions me by @tron_jones in a post starting a few weeks ago.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@tron_jones, thank you so much for confirming that you're having the same issue. I've been trying to convince the folks at JAMF there is a problem for the last 8 days. I've not had much luck. Maybe this will help my case. If anyone else is experiencing this issue please post your experiences. Thanks.

talkingmoose

Not sure if it's related to an issue I had using an Office 365 account, but somehow (twice) Office 365 bounced a message from JAMF and I was automatically put on JAMF's bounce list. This effectively disabled emails from the list.

Since this kept happening I eventually switched to using an Outlook.com account and haven't had any further problems.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@mpermann - Have you checked your Spam inbox in whatever email the JAMFNation emails are going to to make sure some of them aren't landing in there? I've been similarly convinced in the past that the email system for JN is broken only to find I accidentally marked one message as spam and then all similar messages began to end up there.

FWIW, I've been getting all messages from the Nation just fine now for awhile, so I'm not seeing the same issue. Not sure how much that helps, but just thought I'd mention it,

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for the responses @talkingmoose and @mm2270. We are using Gmail for education and I'm getting some email messages from JAMF nation. Just not all the ones that I used to get. No emails from JAMF Nation are in my SPAM folder. According to my TAM, my account is working normally. But it's not working like it was a couple weeks ago, that's for sure. @tron_jones, if you don't mind saying, what provider are you using for your JAMF Nation email?

tron_jones

@mpermann
We recently switched to Google apps for education as well. I am still using my old exchange email and haven't made the switch to our Google domain yet if that helps. Checked the spam folder and all other folders and nothing in there as well.

charles_hitch
Contributor II

I haven't been getting emails for a while either. Perhaps I am on this "bounce list". It would be great if we could look in our account profile to see if our email was on that list and be able to reconfirm or remove it from the list.

krichterjr
Contributor

+1 on this for me as well. I get my digest but I'm not seeing when people respond to posts I've posted to.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

@tron_jones, @krichterjr, and @charles.hitch I heard from my TAM on this issue and they say it should be corrected now. I can confirm that at least for me it's working.

scottb
Honored Contributor

I thought I was nuts (well, likely am). I now am getting emails that I should be.

tron_jones

Same here, working as normal.

asegura
Contributor

working for me also.

krichterjr
Contributor

Yes, it's working now for me as well :)