Our annual global customer event, the Jamf Nation User Conference, is scheduled to take place in a little under seven months starting on September 29 in San Diego, California. While we look forward to seeing our customers at this event, we are being diligent to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, partners and employees.
In order to remain informed about the ongoing situation at both the global and local levels, we are closely monitoring and taking direction from global, federal and local health officials, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
With that in mind, there are currently no plans for Jamf to cancel or postpone the Jamf Nation User Conference as a result of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We believe it is critically important for our community to remain adequately informed on COVID-19. Ongoing updates on our conference plans will be available on our Jamf Nation User Conference COVID-19 FAQ as more information becomes available. In the meantime, Jamf remains focused on ensuring we are taking the necessary measures to protect the health and wellbeing for all attendees onsite during the event.
@kerickson & @macbrun, we have pulled a number of courses off of Jamf Nation for enrollment that are set to occur over the next few weeks and have cancelled a number of upcoming classes. We are actively monitoring the situation and cancelling classes proactively as the situation necessitates due to local or travel concerns for both our customers and our employees and partners. Students in classes that have been cancelled already are being notified directly as indicated by @salesloftcb.
If you are enrolled in any classes that have not yet been cancelled but would like to proactively remove yourself from the class please feel free to reach out to your Support, Customer Success or Sales representative. If you are unfamiliar with who that may be we're also happy to help you change an enrollment status by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no penalty for canceling or postponing an enrollment due to the COVID-19 Situation.
They canceled my Jamf 400 course here in Dallas. It was supposed to happen next month 🤬 🤯 I waited for two years for them to offer this course in Dallas. I am very PO'd. I sacrificed going to JNUC this year to take that course, so now I'm screwed out of taking the course and screwed out of going to JNUC. This would have been my 6th consecutive JNUC. Every time I'm feeling great about Jamf, they do something to screw it up!
As the situation is evolving and the total length of disruption is currently unknown I'm not at a spot where I can definitively say what the solution will be just yet for every single customer. What I can say is how we'll take care of our customers has been front and center in our minds.
The health and safety of our customers, employees, partners and their families is paramount and led us to cancel the classes we've had to cancel thus far and we will be continuing to monitor and respond as necessary. We'll also be working to identify a long term plan to ensure customers who have active Training Passes during this disruption are also take care of in respect to their training needs. As customer needs are not all the same we will work with customers to be as fair and equitable as possible to all of our customers and satisfy their training needs. We have working plans now based on what we know but will be constantly re-evaluating them as we learn more and understand the length of disruption classes.
In the mean time I would also like to draw your attention to our Online Training Catalog. This is a tremendous resource for those looking to continue their Jamf Education at a time when they may be looking for some virtual options. For those unfamiliar the Training Catalog is free to all Existing Jamf Customers.
@Hugonaut Actually, it is their fault. The email that they sent told me it was canceled for low registration. You don't know the full story here. They don't offer many Jamf 400 courses in Texas for some dumb reason, and I refuse to travel a long distance to take the course since I am still the ONLY Apple systems engineer in my company. I cannot travel someplace else. They can and should make this course available as an online course.
I have a very limited time that I can take 400 due to other things going on. I was scheduled for Atlanta which was perfect timing. Then this darn virus and the lack of info came about. Now I have no idea what to do. June and July are completely out for me. My training pass ends at the end of September. Hopefully some 400 classes will happen in May, August or September or I am totally screwed from getting that cert. :(
@howie_isaacks Low registration probably made the decision easy, but I guarantee any event next month would have been cancelled because of the virus anyway. Atlanta was sold out and was also cancelled.
Until this year, the CCE/400 has always been held at Jamf owned offices (MN, NYC, Amsterdam, etc) because of the amount of hardware required to operate the course. It wasn't like the 200/300 which just required a laptop for each student. I'm guessing they changed the format in some way so it could be done in other cities so hopefully it'll return to those cities.
@howie_isaacks I think you've lost some perspective here. These are pretty extraordinary times. I can understand being disappointed in these situations, but gathering groups, even small ones, is socially irresponsible in this difficult time. It's hard out there for the Jamf trainers right now who've seen their classes cancelled without help, too. I know you're disappointed, a lot of people are right now. Lashing out won't make it better.
@dshepp33 , hopefully Jamf will offer some consideration in situation like you are in, especially for the 400 class. Since they run only about once per month in US. Maybe they will allow you to extend your training pass for a month or two (depending on how long they need to cancel classes) to take the class later in the year.