JAMF Policy is not updating, though set for recurring check in

CSD
New Contributor II

We have created a policy to push some powerpoint and word custom template for our organisation and to every mac user though JAMF, this was working initially, some how it doesn't push policy.
Policy:Enabled, Category:O365
Recurring check in : this frequency is set to 5 mins under JAMF
Scope:All Computers, All Users

Any immediate suggestions or solutions would be great help!

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

What's the Execution Frequency set to? If it was set to once per computer and it has already run on all computers, it's not going to re-run again unless you either change the execution frequency or flush the policy logs.
You may have already checked this out, but since I didn't see you mention it in your description above I thought I'd mention that.

CSD
New Contributor II

Hi,
Frequency is set to ongoing 864a31bb2edd48dea3a15f90f3f2136e

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@user-vyPqVKKfpZ I'm assuming it's the policy listed near the top, right? You mentioned office templates and then at bottom of that screenshot you have three with once per computer execution frequency.

I'm also assuming you've checked the policy log when it's run on a client to see if perhaps an OS or Office 365 change hasn't caused some new failure within your script or package?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@user-vyPqVKKfpZ Unless I’m missing something, from your screenshot it seems the 3 policies set to Ongoing frequency are also set to a Self Service trigger, meaning they are not in fact using the recurring check-in trigger to execute. I’d say that’s the reason they aren’t running.

Edit: To further follow up, like @mainelysteve mentioned above, you have 3 policies toward the bottom of your screenshot that are all set to Once per Computer frequency, not Ongoing, and you mentioned in your first post that these are Office templates, which based on the name of those 3 policies, seems to be the ones you're talking about. So you might want to clarify which policies are at issue here, because whether it's the first 3 or the last 3, none of them are set up as Ongoing AND Check-in, which would be the only way (short of flushing the policy logs) that they will run again if they already ran once.