Jamf Pro 10.1.1 Cannot add packages to configurations - Does it work for you?

PAC
Contributor

Was wondering if anyone can report back if this is happening to them.

JAMF Pro 10.1.1
Settings --> Computer Management --> Configurations

When i try to edit the packages that are assigned to a configuration i cannot click/enable any of the packages.
It was working in JAMF Pro 10.0.0

Any feedback would be much appreciated
Regards
Pete

19 REPLIES 19

Phantom5
Contributor II

Same here!!

lukejaksa
New Contributor

Yep same here. Also cannot click OD check box in Pre Stage Imaging or The Network Segment check box.

Seems like check boxes have some issues!

remyb
Contributor

Unfortunately, same here

kedickso
New Contributor

Not only can I not edit the configuration; when I tried, it completely cleared all of the currently selected packages.

dfedak
New Contributor

Not working here either. Tried all the usuals: clear cache, different browsers, remove tomcat 'work' directory and restarting JSS.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey all,

This is a known issue that we have filed under PI-005113.

The workaround is to use Admin to add/remove Packages, Scripts, Printers, or Directory Bindings from Categories.

If you have not already opened a support ticket to have it attached to PI-005113, please do so by sending an e-mail to support@jamf.com, giving us a call, or using the My Support section of Jamf Nation.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

We were targeting the Christmas break for a server upgrade. I know 10.1 had issues and as such we stayed on 10.0.

Hate to be a complainer but do we see this getting fixed before Wednesday or Thursday? If not I’m going to have to wait on upgrades until after school starts up again.

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

Add me to the list affected. I'll open a ticket for them to add me.

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@blackholemac

As far as I'm aware, we don't have any releases scheduled for next week. I do not have any information as to what an ETA on a fix for PI-005113 would be.

If using Admin to edit/add/delete from categories is not a viable option for you to use as a workaround, you'll want to stay on 10.0.

Thanks!
Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

PAC
Contributor

@were.wulff thanks for the info.
i have added the correct packages to the configuration using Jamf Admin 10.1.1
See if 10.1.1 fixes the startup disk issue when imaging.

regards
Pete

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

@were.wulff

I'm actually fine...we are on 10.0.0 and everything seems to be running good for us. I just use our Christmas holiday break to take care of server patching typically as the entire staff and student body are out for the week. In reality, I'm fine with using Jamf Admin for that specific issue and actually prefer using it to build my configurations. I just want to make sure that if I'm saying "hey, let's apply patches over break", I'm not patching myself into a mess given that standardized testing will likely start spinning up once school resumes. We kind of have a 2 month period where we do NOT patch the Jamf Pro server so we don't hose a testing environment.

Perhaps a better way of looking at this would be....has anyone found any "show-stopper" bugs in 10.1.1 that would cause a cautious sysadmin top say "Hey, let's hold off on this until they are fixed." and if so what are said bugs?

Thank you for your response @were.wulff blackholemac

PAC
Contributor

@were.wulff Any update?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@PAC

Any updates will be in the Release Notes.

If there has not been a new release since my comment, there is no update and it is still an issue.

If you do not see PI-005113 mentioned in the Release Notes of our next (or future) release, it has not been fixed yet.

If you have further questions on PI-005113 please contact Support.

Were Wulff
Jamf Customer Experience

lindisfarne
New Contributor

Same here, can't select anything, and if I hit save it wipes out the configuration.

takayuki
New Contributor III

The workaround to add/remove a package from JAMF Admin app (advised by JAMF Support)

1. Open JAMF Admin app

2. To add a package to your Image Configuration, drag the package from the "All items" main repository, and then drop on the Configuration that you want to have it which is on the left hand side.

3. To remove a package from your Image Configuration, select the Configuration on the left hand side, select the package that you want to remove, and then click the 'Remove' tab on the top of the window.

Once the above is completed, save it and it will reflect it on the GUI as well.

JWelchQESFC
New Contributor II

I've recently updated to Version 10.2.1 and I am also experiencing this issue in the Configurations section.

I'm currently using the workaround involving Jamf Admin mentioned in the previous post for the time being.

rmacalpine
New Contributor II

I am seeing this (can't select packages) still in 10.2.2. Is there a new fix other than "Do it in Jamf Admin"?

marklamont
Contributor III

In short, no. Fixed in 10.3 I am told by support.

JWelchQESFC
New Contributor II

Can confirm that the 10.3.1 update has fixed the issue.

Installed today (First week back from Easter break so catch up work was in the way) and that was the first thing I tested. I am able once again to select items in Configurations.