Jamf Pro 10.19 Beta 1 Now Available!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jamf Nation!

The Jamf Pro 10.19 beta contains quite a few new features, fixes, and enhancements that we are excited to share with you!

Mobile Device Lock Screen Message Configuration Profile
The Lock Screen Message payload for mobile devices has a new and improved User Interface. This includes switches that can be used to enable and disable specific Lock Screen messages. Note that when upgrading to Jamf Pro 10.19, existing Lock Screen Message data will be migrated to the new payload. No data should be lost or changed during this migration process.

Google Cloud Identity Secure LDAP Service Integration
A new tab for attribute mappings has been added to Jamf Pro’s integration with Google Secure LDAP. Attribute mappings can be configured both in the Jamf Pro UI and API. When creating a new configuration, or migrating from an existing Cloud Identity Provider configuration, the Jamf Pro default attribute mappings will be used.

Azure Single Sign-On
Azure is now available as a Single Sign-On configuration in Jamf Pro. When creating a Single Sign-On configuration, Azure is now available as an option within the Identity Provider drop-down menu.

How to join the beta:
If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll using the Beta Programs tab on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, reference our Release Notes for a complete list of what is included in the beta build. Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage you to install this software in a non-production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta discussion area or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program!

4 REPLIES 4

teknikal35
New Contributor III

WHEN CAN YOU RESOLVE THE SCREEN RECORDING PPPC FOR NEW CATALINA workstation.

iJake
Valued Contributor

@teknikal35 Apple has not made that a setting that is available for control via MDM. There is nothing Jamf can do to manage it until they do. I suggest you contact Apple to ask them to make it manageable, this is what we have done.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

Says Apple to @teknikal35 and everyone else: "File an FB via the Feedback Assistant."

I was an Apple Enterprise SE in 2018. One of the reasons I left that job is because it irked me to no end that SE's are totally hamstrung and unable to influence product development based on obvious, justifiable complaints from the customers. Any other sales / engineering team in another company would take customer feedback, send it to a coordinator in engineering, where they would analyze the collected feedback from sales and customer support and realize that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. I still can't answer why it doesn't work that way at Apple.

The whole point of device supervision was to clearly delineate between personal and company-owned devices. If Apple releases a new privacy feature and fails to grant MDM control for said feature, it means that one hand isn't talking to the other and they're releasing half-baked solutions. That's not a good look.

jhuls
Contributor III

Still waiting for patch management to get scheduling features. SMDH at why anyone would think patch management without scheduling belongs in an enterprise environment.