Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2 Is Now Availlable!

ianhansen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jamf Nation!

We've just released Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2! This release has many exciting UI improvements including an updated user interface in User Initiated Enrollment and Patch Management. App Installers now has an indicator to show if apps are enabled or disabled. A Dependency Reporting warning is now available when an admin is deleting a smart group and more. Please refer to the release notes for more details. We're excited for your feedback!

How to join the beta: We’ve also made some changes to the Beta enrollment process with our new Jamf Nation platform. Please enroll in the Beta Program under Product Feedback at account.jamf.com. Once you’re enrolled you’ll receive an invitation to the Beta Forum in your Jamf ID email. Once you receive the invitation click on "Join this group Hub" to access the forum.   If you have any questions please email beta@jamf.com

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta discussion area or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions regarding the beta. Thank you to all those who participate in the program!

4 REPLIES 4

Aaron_H
New Contributor II

Is there a rough ETA on jamf app catalog having an option for scoping to something other than a smart group? As well as having the ability to use self-service so that we can have post install scripts run?

(yes i understand this can be voted on as a feature, but there is no rhyme or reason to how those things get implemented, regardless of how many votes a request has)

@Aaron_H there isn't an ETA. Self Service is something that is being worked on. With regards to the availability of other scoping mechanisms, unfortunately there was an incompatibility between what I will call 'traditional code' and the 'new code' that App Installers uses which meant that at this time we were unable to use traditional static scoping mechanisms. We hope to bring this into a future release of App installers though I do not have an ETA at this stage.

jpoirson
New Contributor III

Hello, in the promotional video for app catalog we see the possibility to choose distribution method (which I hope means having self-service only available) which is the last step on my side to make it available to users

is that on the radar ?

@jpoirson Self Service is something that is being worked on however we do not yet have an ETA as to when this will be delivered.