Jamf Pro 10.46 Now Available

PCalomeni

Update 10 May 2023: Cloud upgrades are scheduled for the weekend of 19–20 May (details below). We appreciate your patience.

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.46. Highlights of this release include:

Declarative Status Reporting for Additional Inventory Attributes

The following Jamf Pro inventory attributes are now subscribed to the declarative device management status channel:

• Computer Inventory Attributes
    Operating System Category > Operating System Supplemental Build Version
    Operating System Category > Operating System Rapid Security Response
  • Mobile Device Inventory Attributes
    Security Category > Passcode Compliance

Updated Expiration Notification for the Jamf Pro Built-In Certificate Authority

The expiration notification for the Jamf Pro built-in certificate authority (CA) has been changed from 90 days to 360 days. This change provides you with more time to take action. The notification will persist until you renew the built-in CA. After you renew the built-in CA, it will be valid for 10 years.

Local Administrator Password Solution via the Jamf Pro API

This release of Jamf Pro introduces the local administrator password solution (LAPS) via the Jamf Pro API. LAPS is a security feature that helps organizations maintain control over end user privacy and sensitive data on computers enrolled with Jamf Pro. This feature leverages Apple's SetAutoAdminPassword command, which allows management of the administrator account created during the PreStage enrollment process using MDM.

For additional information on what's included in this release, review the release notes via the Jamf Learning Hub.

To access new versions of Jamf Pro, log into Jamf Account with your Jamf ID. The latest version is located in the Products section under Jamf Pro.

Note: Additional issues will be resolved in version 10.46.1, which is currently scheduled to release the week of 15 May.

Cloud Upgrade Schedule

Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will be updated to Jamf Pro 10.46.1 based on your hosted data region below. Review this guide if you need assistance identifying the Hosted Data Region of your Jamf Cloud instance.

Hosted Region Begins Ends
ap-southeast-2 19 May at 1400 UTC 19 May at 2300 UTC
ap-northeast-1 19 May at 1500 UTC 20 May at 0100 UTC
eu-central-1 19 May at 2200 UTC 20 May at 0800 UTC
eu-west-2 19 May at 2300 UTC 20 May at 0600 UTC
us-east-1-sandbox/us-west-2-sandbox 20 May at 0000 UTC 20 May at 1000 UTC
us-east-1 20 May at 0400 UTC 20 May at 1700 UTC
us-west-2 20 May at 0700 UTC 20 May at 2000 UTC
35 REPLIES 35

BCPeteo
Contributor II

LAPS!!!!!!!!!

Note: LAPS does not update the FileVault keychain password.
Well this is bummer

mark_lynch
New Contributor III

Just a heads-up that this new style of post kinda breaks the table a bit, requiring a horizontal scroll. Some cells seem to be just a wee bit too wide.
mark_lynch_0-1682440453325.png

Thanks for this feedback! 

Tanti
New Contributor

Is LAPS Solution will only work on pre-stage enrolled machines or can it be used on devices that has not enrolled via pre-stage ? 

Hello @Tanti,

As of now, the LAPS solution will only work for computers enrolled via a PreStage that have the additional admin account also created. That's the account that is able to receive the SetAutoAdminPassword command for the password rotation.

Matt

jlattke
New Contributor III

Jamf 10.46 on Premise: we're missing the PatchManagement-Section in the Dashboard. It's gone! All our PatchManagement policies couldn't be resolved on the dashboard. What happened to the dashboard? Huge BUG.

Hey @jlattke, thanks for the report! Some of our engineers took a look at this behavior (including doing some upgrade testing) and we are unable to replicate this. Has a ticket been opened with Support yet for further investigation? That'd probably be the best way to move forward, perhaps there's a product issue that'll need to be filed.

Aside from the Support route, another suggestion is to try unchecking and then re-checking the "Show in Jamf Pro Dashboard" box for some affected policies - does that get them to show back up and remain? Certainly less than desirable to re-check all of those, but if that'd get things back on their feet that might be worth a try!

@iMatthewCM I am seeing the same thing on my Jamf Pro. Patch Management is missing from the Dashboard. I opened ticket CS0950745.  I am happy to demo it for you if that helps.

jlattke
New Contributor III

Glad that I'm not the only one. Support says the can't reproduce that error … I also have a ticket: 

CS0950108

wfrank
New Contributor II

Having the same issue here. Ticket is open: CS0951776

jlattke
New Contributor III

Can you tell me which version of mySQL you're running? Jamf Support tells me it's about my 10.33 Version which I not officially supported (they go for 10.30)

JAMF have broken patch management display in the dashboard. Regadless of browser app or if your JAMF server is cloud or on-prem.

@suleymantwana There is a PI for this.   PI111739.  Seems to be a orphaned record after a patch policy is deleted.  If you have sites, you can switch to one of the sites and see the patch dashboard.  All of the policies are still accessible under patch management in full jamf too. Support worked with engineering and provided a mysql script to resolve our situation.   If I were you, and you want to try the work around script, you should open a support case and ask if the script would work for you. You can reference my case maybe that will help. CS0950745. There is a select statement that can test for the situation, then I had to apply a delete script to fix it.  Hope this helps.

jlattke
New Contributor III

My support contact suspects it is due to my unsupported mySQL version (8.0.33 instead of the supported 8.0.30). Is it the same for you or do you have other versions?

Jamf wants us to downgrade the SQL DB.

wfrank
New Contributor II

We have 8.0.32. I thought MySQL greater than 8.0.30 are supported since 10.42.0? PI110425 was fixed with this release. 

jlattke
New Contributor III

I really don't know. I think it's a bit annoying that it takes so long for them to support a stable SQL-Version. I've asked dhausman which version he's running. Maybe some new ideas …

wfrank
New Contributor II

Our enterprise security is pretty insistent that we patch software. So I am running mysql 8.0.33 in both test and dev.  The part that makes that interesting is the dashboard works just fine for me in dev, not in production.  So if they are both running 8.0.33 and the same software version and the same tomcat, why do I get different results in different environments?

wfrank
New Contributor II

A product issue exists now according to support: PI111264

jlattke
New Contributor III

That’s what Michal just wrote me some minutes ago. The case is marked as resolved but it seems it is not …

wfrank
New Contributor II

My guess is that the Ticket is closed because a PI exists. We need to wait now for the next release of Jamf Pro. My ticket is closed as well.

jlattke
New Contributor III

Jamf Support is worst! 

My case was closed without any information (they requested some input and suddenly closed the case without delivering ANY information). Don't know why the software is so expensive when their support service is THAT bad! The issue with the gone Path Management Dashboard still exists! We're paying a lot of money for the software INCLUDING Support. The software is mostly great. The support mostly extremely poor. Jamf definitely have to lower the prices or to increase their service quality!

Anyone with some information if the issue will be fixed in 10.46.1?

kahmall
New Contributor

when can we expect the update to hit cloud servers?

Hi @kahmall. Cloud upgrades are scheduled for 19–20 May.

MatG
Contributor III

What is the ETA as RSR are available and Jamf is not able to report on this (unless I add another EA 🙄) what devices are updated until 10.46

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@PCalomeni, any update?

Regarding the issue that is holding back cloud upgrades, is this something that might affect those that self host too?

Hi @bentoms. The post has been updated: cloud upgrades are scheduled for 19–20 May.

RLR
Valued Contributor

We have an issue with our instance that requires an upgrade to 10.46 to fix but we're on the cloud version. Any update when this is going to be pushed to cloud users?

kahmall
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat was told by support to wait till the upgrade so now I'm waiting.

Hello @RLR. Cloud upgrades are scheduled for 19–20 May. See details in the Cloud Upgrade Schedule.

blesko93
New Contributor II

Will there be any fix to the mdm macOS update capabilities?  There really needs to be a better way to update macs in our environment.  As of now, there isn't one.

MatG
Contributor III

@blesko93 Agree but I think this is Apple's doing not Jamf's. MDM updating is poor.

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Any idea when 10.46.1 will be out. Waiting to upgrade dev, then production. 

MatG
Contributor III

I think it’s schedule for this weekend for cloud customers