Jamf Pro 10.7 Beta Now Available!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Jamf Pro 10.7 beta provides compatibility with macOS Mojave, iOS 12, and tvOS 12 beta operating systems, so your organization can test workflows with confidence before these new operating systems ship. This release provides compatibility and support for the upcoming operating systems, offers new management functionality, and fixes various bugs. Here’s a summary of what’s new:

Compatibility for macOS Mojave, iOS 12, and tvOS 12 betas
IT admins can support the upcoming releases by using existing workflows for enrollment, management, and securing devices in the same manner. Upgraded devices will continue to be managed without interrupting any critical workflows.

New management features in macOS Mojave, iOS 12, and tvOS 12 betas
In addition to compatibility, you can also take advantage of some of the new management functionality in these releases. Prevent proximity-based password sharing requests, use OAuth for authentication of Exchange accounts, and force the Date & Time to be set automatically on iOS devices. Plus, IT admins can now distribute tvOS apps bought in volume from Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager. All these new features are built into the Jamf Pro UI and don’t require you to upload a custom configuration profile.

Managed Software Updates
Additionally, IT admins will be able to defer iOS updates for up to 90 days and now will be able to specify which version they’d like to deploy. Choose when you’d like to upgrade your iOS devices and deploy the version that you have fully tested. This gives you total control over your managed iOS fleet.

Enhancement to Mac App Store app installation
Finally, starting with Jamf Pro 10.7, Mac App Store apps will install via the device channel, no longer requiring an MDM enabled user or active user session. This will make it easier for IT admins to deploy apps from the Mac App Store.

How to Join
If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll at the beta homepage on Jamf Nation under My Assets. After enrollment, please reference our Beta Release Notes for a complete listing of what is included in the beta build. Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage that you not install this software in a production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing in any public forum including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation Beta forums or contact Jamf with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program.

8 REPLIES 8

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Excellent work! :)

e27d5d0855ad468b8cb68c1b4338a28b

--
https://donmontalvo.com

SvenB
New Contributor II

i just wish you could fix bug PI-005543 so Patch Management actually started working.. Its been almost a year now and its still doesn't work.

tanveer
New Contributor

Where can i find the download link for Jamf Pro for Windows.
I have searched everywhere but couldn't find it. Under "My Asset" folder i see the Jamf Pro but it is .dmg file. how to install it?

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tanveer,

Click on "Alternative Downloads" under my assets.

FutureFacinLuke
Contributor II

How is intune for iOS integration coming along? Will it be in the 10.7 release.

10.6 Release Notes: "Early access feature: The Jamf Pro iOS Azure AD Integration is an early access feature now available for testing. By integrating Jamf Pro with Azure AD, organizations can support conditional access policies configured in Azure AD for iOS devices.
Warning: The Jamf Pro iOS Azure AD Integration early access feature should not be used in production environments. For information about testing this feature in a non-production environment, contact your Jamf account representative."

jhayes
New Contributor II

Will issue PI-005573 in which SCEP Configuration profiles cannot be saved be fixed in this release?

Thanks,
Justin Hayes

jmariani
Contributor

When will Jamf Pro 10.7 be made generally available?

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

My money is on as soon as Mojave is officially released.