Jamf Pro 10 Self Service Bookmarks

ryanwelch
New Contributor II

I like how the older version displayed the Bookmarks/Plug-ins on the side while still displaying the Self Service Policies on the main part of the window.

I tried setting it up to open with the Bookmarks category in the Self Service settings. It doesn't seem to work. It had been on All (the default). I had switched it to Featured (which did switch). Then, I noticed that the Bookmarks didn't show up all the time. I was trying that, but it left it on Featured (even after hitting Command R within Self Service and also re-opening it.

I tried changing to Applications, which it did switch to after quitting and going back in. Choosing Bookmarks once again, it went back to Featured.

4 REPLIES 4

scottb
Honored Contributor

I was working on these (in 9.101.0 not 10.0) and I remembered that when I make changes, if I run "sudo jamf manage" they tend to show up right away.
Not sure if this addresses your issue as I'm not on 10, but I was doing the reload and quit/relaunch and remembered that when I made some of these before, I had to run that to get the plug-ins to load in Self Service...

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@scottb no that's not what @ryanwelch means.

I have this issue too.

In Jamf 10, if you select the bookmarks as your "Library Main Page" in Self Service settings, it defaults to "All" when opening the Self Service app instead.

c779ffe35e0440619783365be48fb092

Is this to be fixed in 10.1

scottb
Honored Contributor

Thanks @beatlemike - sometimes it's hard to decipher what someone's question might be. I got it now.

beatlemike
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@scottb I just happened to be having the issue so I understood.

However the issue went away after the 10.1 upgrade @ryanwelch