Jamf Pro 10 Timing Update

deanhager
New Contributor III

Dear Jamf Nation,

I know you are eagerly awaiting the general availability of Jamf Pro 10. And, with our recent release of zero-day support for new Apple operating systems in 9.98 and additional functionality in 9.99, you are probably wondering where Jamf Pro 10 is. For those of you new to Jamf, Jamf Pro 10 is our next major release that includes a complete refresh of the user experience, a brand new Self Service app for Mac and expanded patch management capabilities.

We have been working extremely hard to deliver version 10, but unfortunately it is taking longer than we thought. Many of you may recall what I stated during the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC) opening session last October. Specifically, I said:

"When can you expect to see version 10? Our intent is to ship version 10 in the first half of 2017. We are also planning to do at least three betas of it."

Admittedly, I was a bit vague about our version 10 release schedule, which I also explained at JNUC:

"Ultimately, at the end of the day, we want product readiness to dictate when our product is going to go out the door – not any date that I committed to you."

So, where is Jamf Pro 10? Simply put, the product isn’t ready yet. I completely own the expectations I set for you at JNUC, and I apologize for the timeframe being delayed. It’s 100 percent on me.

In hindsight, the time and effort to deliver version 10 shouldn’t have been a surprise to us since we have literally updated every single screen in Jamf Pro and have completely reinvented Mac Self Service. We tend to be an optimistic bunch, and it got the better of us. We will learn from this and get better in the future, while still attempting to be as transparent as possible with you.

With that, I want to assure you that we are continuing full speed ahead on Jamf Pro 10. We’re now near code completion on the product and on track to beta the release sometime in Q3. Because of the significant enhancements, we plan to conduct a lengthy beta. We want you to be comfortable with the new interface and Self Service, and give you time to provide feedback, and prepare for the rollout. Most importantly, we want to ensure the performance and quality exceed your expectations. It is also important to note that version 10 will be delivered after our final release of version 9, which will support Apple’s new operating systems in September. We don’t want to require you to take on a major Jamf version upgrade to take advantage of the latest Apple features. We also don’t want to release a significant version upgrade at the very beginning of a new school year. We believe it is wiser to lengthen the beta period, deliver another release of version 9 and come out with a high quality version 10 when it is ready.

We encourage you to participate by enrolling in the beta program on Jamf Nation, which we will post as soon as it is available. Once you enroll, you will get your own Jamf Pro Server in the cloud, giving you the ability to test important workflows and participate in specific Jamf Pro 10 discussions.

As we progress toward beta, I’d like to show you the progress we’ve made. Check out the link below to a page with a video about what life will be like with Jamf Pro 10.

https://www.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro/preview/

In addition to the video and keeping watch for the beta, I strongly encourage you to reserve your spot at the 2017 Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC), October 24-26, in Minneapolis. With about 1,500 attendees, this year’s conference is expected to be the largest yet, and we’ve made some exciting additions to enhance your experience. The community, product and expert sessions are back by popular demand, and we’ve also added two new tracks: how-to and interactive labs. Bottom line… you will have more opportunities to dig-in and get hands-on with Jamf Pro 10 and much more.

Thank you for your support of Jamf Nation.

43 REPLIES 43

cscsit
New Contributor III

No need to apologize...I'd rather it gets done right the first time rather than just rush something out, especially a management program that can mange tens of thousands of Apple devices. I look forward to seeing and using Jamf Pro 10.

mrben
New Contributor III

Any early indication on whether the API calls will remain the same from 9.9x?

joe_bloom
New Contributor III

@mrben API calls will remain the same.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Finally install deadlines for policies it appears. can't wait for that.