Jamf Pro Attachment File Size Restriction

sgiesbrecht
Contributor III

I just starting using the logCollection script (https://github.com/kc9wwh/logCollection) and works great but noticed that some zip files will not upload.

Is there a file size limitation on uploading to Jamf Pro?

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sgiesbrecht Are you self hosting on-prem, or are you a Jamf Cloud customer? I think the limitation is how much free space you have available on the servers hosting your JSS application and MySQL database. For on-prem you can easily determine that, but for a Jamf Cloud hosted system ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On-prem

Lots of room for files but not uploading

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@sgiesbrecht Are the upload failures across different machines, or will some zip files upload and not others on the same machine? If the former are the machines failing on your internal network, or only on an external network not connected via VPN? Since you're on-prem I'm going to guess that you have internal and DMZ JSS nodes and I'd look at the storage on the DMZ JSS server in that case.

It fails on multiple machines both on-prem and remote (VPN) machines. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Since you've said that it's not a storage limit on your MySQL server you could be hitting a limit on the size of the data object for the 'attachments' table in Jamf Pro. I'd suggest asking Jamf Support what that limit is.