jamf pro existing enrollment configuration was found

johna
New Contributor II

Hi,
I have a user's laptop that has not been checking in with jamf for a few months. I tried re-enrolling with the following commands but received the error in the subject line.... Any ideas for how to re-enroll?

sudo jamf -removeFramework
sudo profiles renew -type enrollment
5 REPLIES 5

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Is that computer still in the JamfPro server? If so i would delete the inventory record, then re-run the profiles command and see if its happy then.

johna
New Contributor II

Thanks, yes. I did delete it from jamf pro (cloud version). Is there a way to unenroll from the local client? It looks like the laptop has not communicated with the server since May.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Ah, you might be missing a command. Run the -removeframework then run sudo rm -rf /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles/ then try and re-enroll.

If that fails, you may need to wipe and reinstall macOS

johna
New Contributor II

Hmm, so this would remove all configuration profiles for users, yes? That is a bit of a risk for me if enrollment still fails. I hate to ask the user to rebuild just because a laptop isn't checking in.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

If the binary is still communicating with your jss then try issuing sudo jamf removeMdmProfile if it succeeds next delete the apsd.keychain file under /Library/Keychains, reboot and then log in as the user and issue sudo profiles renew -type enrollment. If that fails then you'll either to clear out the folder @Dylan_YYC mentioned above or backup user data and do a rebuild.