Jamf Pro Inventory Update Issue : An unknown Error

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

Team,

We are experiencing an inventory update issue with 3 Intel Jamf-managed machines. Whenever we run the "sudo Jamf recon" command to execute the inventory update policy or from the self-service, we encounter the following error at the end: "Error running recon: Unknown Error - An unknown error has occurred."

We have thoroughly checked all the configurations and reviewed a few logs, but we have not found any challenges. The Jamf Support team has also investigated the matter, but we still haven't been able to identify a possible solution.

Furthermore, we tried completely erasing and reconfiguring the affected machines. During the initial configuration, the inventory update ran successfully without any errors. However, after a few hours, when we attempted to run "sudo jamf recon" or perform the inventory update from self-service, the issue resurfaced.

Are there any others who have experienced a similar issue, particularly with Intel Macs? We would appreciate any insights or assistance in resolving this matter. Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 12.27.02 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

What’s the output when you run a recon with verbose ? 

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II

I have already checked both paths: 

- sudo jamf recon -verbose > /Users/Shared/recon.log

- sudo jamf policy -verbose > /Users/Shared/jamfpolicy.log

And not found anyting related Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 1.03.33 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-18 at 1.00.00 PM.png

Bol
Valued Contributor

I haven't seen the error but I have noticed that on-prem 10.48 has stopped running recon via a policy using the built in payload. 

Using the files and processes payload / jamf recon etc. will though. Likely to not be related but I haven't read anyone else having similar yet.

Dan-8871
New Contributor

Were you able to resolve this?

Bol
Valued Contributor

For me, updating our on premise Jamf seemed to not have this problem again. A few versions back now.