Jamf Pro - Microsoft Teams patch management definition missing a version?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I use Jamf patch management definitions to help with our patching process, as it makes it easy to build the correct Smart Computer Groups using the criteria.

I just noticed that the current version of Microsoft Teams (standalone) that can be downloaded from macadmins.software is showing version 1.6.00.11156, or "61156" as the CFBundleVersion displays it. I confirmed this right now by downloading the latest version linked there and examining the pkg in Suspicious Package.

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 4.02.41 PM.png

Yet, in Jamf's Patch Management, I'm seeing this for versions of Microsoft Teams.

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 4.10.26 PM.png

There is no version "611156" listed in the patch definition. Am I just missing something or did Jamf miss one of the versions for this title? Maybe 611159 it was supposed to be 611156?

This is the first time I've run into a missing version in patch management that I can actually verify is a version I can obtain from the vendor.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mm2270 Try deleting and re-adding your Teams Patch Management definition. Hers's what I'm seeing for the most recent Teams versions: Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 9.33.15 PM.png

View solution in original post

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mm2270 I think you have the Teams definition that's considered to be deprecated. That one uses the build #s that MS stuffs into CFBundleVersion, and the newer definition uses CFBundleShortVersionString.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mm2270 Try deleting and re-adding your Teams Patch Management definition. Hers's what I'm seeing for the most recent Teams versions: Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 9.33.15 PM.png

mm2270

Thanks @sdagley I'll give that a go. Those dates make a lot more sense also. The most recent one I'm seeing was from back in March, which seems way off.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mm2270 I think you have the Teams definition that's considered to be deprecated. That one uses the build #s that MS stuffs into CFBundleVersion, and the newer definition uses CFBundleShortVersionString.

mm2270

You were exactly right! I didn't see it until I went to add Teams again that there is a deprecated definition, and that's the one I was using since I set it up a while back. Once I removed and re-added the new patch title, the correct versions started showing up.

Thanks for the tip! I need to make a mental note to check on the definitions from time to time to make sure I'm not using an outdated version.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mm2270 Glad to help, and I did exactly the same thing yesterday for the definitions I have enabled :-)

JustinC
Contributor II
Contributor II

@mm2270 it might be worth checking your other patch policies to see if they are using any of the definitions that were marked as deprecated. The deprecated definitions were originally due to be removed on the 3rd of April however we haven't made that change yet. They will disappear very soon.

https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/upcoming-changes-to-patch-management-definitions-in-jamf-app/...