JAMF Pro User Accounts vs. Scope-able Users

mhinsz
New Contributor III

Hello.

My organization will be migrating to JAMF Cloud soon, from on premises.

We will not be setting up an LDAP proxy and thus loosing access to LDAP/Active Directory accounts.

I have created a number of standard (nonLDAP) accounts for the management team, but we also have a fair amount of policies that are scoped to LDAP groups for the administrative team.

I don't see how I can scope Self Service policies to this group of JAMF Pro Users.

I did, by chance, create a JAMF Pro User with username as well as a standard "User" account in the Users section with the same username.

I've scoped the a policy to this username, and I can log into Self Service with my JAMF Pro account credentials and see the policy.

Can I do this for a group? How?

When I add users or groups to a Self Service scope, I don't see any of the JAMF Pro User accounts or groups that I have created.

2 REPLIES 2

ShabazSurkhi
New Contributor

Looking for the solution for the same scenario

dng2000
Contributor II

In my environment, I couldn't use standard groups in policy scopes if I remove LDAP integration and I'm working with the CSM assigned to me.  I submitted a feature request at https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-26871 for Jamf Pro to support using standard (non-LDAP) groups for policy scopes so I don't have to deal with adding and maintaining hundreds to thousands of usernames in Jamf Pro when it can be streamlined from AD.