efe462a90284402fbc553d8aad0b5be0

Talk amongst yourselves

37 REPLIES 37

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Woohoooo!!

EduTech
New Contributor III

Ok so how to we find out when to expect it on our account?
Should preface we use Jamf Cloud.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Hmmm I just downloaded the manual installer and the ROOT.war seems to still be version 10.0.0-b.3.t1505777008.

salmon
New Contributor III

I tried to install, but got an error/notification message "Java 1.8 Required. This must refer to the developers version because I am current on the consumer version. Where do I get 1.8? I must be blind because I am not able to find.
Peace,
Tom

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Hi @salmon, Jamf published a document about Java 8 with Jamf Pro v10, might be worth taking a look at:
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/489/configuring-java-for-jamf-pro-10-0-0

kinderman_kory
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Tom! This JamfNation article should assist here: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/28/installing-java-and-mysql

They are broken up based on your server's operating system; just take a quick look at the Java install instructions underneath your server's OS and follow the links. Hope this helps!

salmon
New Contributor III

Thank you, but I am still missing the where to find the version needed.....am I blind? LOL

salmon
New Contributor III

Kinderman.Kory you are my hero!

salmon
New Contributor III

I am installed and running.....I'm loving it!

aamjohns
Contributor II

@salmon It depends on your server OS version.

Go here Installing Java... and there are links to the Java and Java JCE files.

The link above is directly from the "Manually Installing Jamf Pro" document, which is contained in Installing Java and MySQL

AJ

Sorry additional posts from Salmon appeared while I was writing my post. I see you figured it out.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nice! cant wait to brand the instance!

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

7b538c2f535d40e59569327bec6f53c9

MFW when Jamf Pro 10 is released, but I'm waiting for 10.1 for Intune integration...

danshaw
Contributor II

I looked at the documentation and I'm still unsure if v10 will allow us to add custom 3rd party applications to patch management that are not part of what JAMF has made available. Can anyone confirm?

LovelessinSEA
Contributor II

@EduTech I reached out to Jamf support and scheduled a date for our instance to be upgraded. Support said that no dates have been set for required updates yet. But we were able to schedule a date that worked best for us.

john_sherrod
Contributor II

@danshaw I believe at JNUC they said that at this time there is no support for adding additional third-party apps to patch management. Some correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the sense that that's something they are still investigating.

lehmanp00
Contributor III

The UI was updated; any changes to the code-base? Anything drastically new?

russ_fagan
New Contributor

Maybe I'm little OCD, but you say that Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 1.8 for Windows x64 is required and send me to page that does not have that version. Do I have to assume that 8U151 or 8U152 is code for 1.8?

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

@russ.fagan 8U151 is the one you want (think of it as Java v1.8.151). If you see odd and even numbered Java releases that are consecutive numbers, the odd one is usually considered the stable one and the even one experimental.

spraguga
Contributor

This seems like a pretty huge bug listed in the known issues under JAMF Imaging, unless I'm reading it wrong:
Computers with macOS 10.12 or earlier cannot be reimaged with macOS 10.13.

I'm not really sure what they mean here?

john_sherrod
Contributor II

Just got our Jamf Pro server updated to 10. Woo-hoo! Loving it!

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@spraguga Because machines prior to 10.13 require a firmware upgrade to be able to recognize and boot from APFS drives. There currently isn't a way for Casper Imaging to apply those required firmware updates. So Casper Imaging could (assuming they have also added the support to lay down APFS block images) theoretically wipe the boot drive of a 10.12 machine and lay down the block image but as soon as it boots its just going to show a folder because the firmware was not updated. Currently the only Apple supported method for getting that firmware update applied to a machine is running the 10.13 Installer on the machine.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Edit: Jinx. :)
This is not a bug. Apple instructs that the first time a computer is upgraded to OS X 10.13.x it MUST be done using the App Store Installer or Internet Recovery. This is due to model specific firmware updates that are only available through the update process.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Also yeah v10 baby wooo hoooooo yeahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

@spraguga I'm thinking if you have the "Install macOS High Sierra.app.tar" file in your configuration, it will fail? You'd probably have to upgrade first while logged in or from recovery, then run imaging.

goneafk
New Contributor II

It's a day we've been waiting for!

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@danshaw jamf has explicitly said at JNUC this functionality will be coming in a later update but as of right now no there is no custom patch title support.

janhy
New Contributor II

Anyone else a little let down by the UI redesign?

It's exactly the same layout for everything, just looks a bit different.

I was hoping for some changes to make it easier to manage devices and apps...

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

https://media.giphy.com/media/I24hjk3H0R8Oc/giphy.gif

mfcfadmin
Contributor II

Does anyone know if there's an easier way now to set the timeout for the web interface?
If not, which file is it set in?

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Couple of UI tweaks most should appreciate:

1) filter/search box in more places
2) buttons at the "end" of a long list are floating, don't require you to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

For anyone asking about feature updates/changes in version 10, this would be a good place to start.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/versions/139/jamf-pro-10-0-0

Any feature requests at the link above have been implemented or partially implemented as of version 10. As you'll see when you scroll through them, a huge amount of them are centered around changes to Self Service.
It's likely not an exhaustive list though so also check the update release notes for more.

Cheers.

anickless
Contributor II

All the documentation is coming up Japanese? what the heck?

gskibum
Contributor III

@anickless Do you mean the HTML document links in your My Products page? Mine open OK.

smithjw
New Contributor III

Just YOLO'd this at work. Jamf Pro 10 is humming along beautifully!

Malcolm
Contributor II

Just finished the install, (needed to clean up storage first). So far happy with the user interface, doesn't seem to crash safari so quickly now.

Media-C
New Contributor II

I'm getting Japanese documentation as well for some page.

By the way, is this a really stable release? Ready to deploy for production use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anickless and @Media-C , some of the links on the Jamf Pro Release Notes "What's New" page are for additional documentation now available in Japanese with Jamf Pro version 10. The section containing these links has been updated to also include links to English versions of these same resources.