JAMF Push Notifications for iOS Not Working

ksanborn
New Contributor III

We are trying to send a native Push notifications to a group of iOS devices. We have a valid Push Proxy Cert and the notification shows up in the Self Service App but not via the native Notifications area of iOS. We did select the option to push to the native Notificaitions and the Self Service App. We have tried on supervised and unsupervised devices. We are using the cloud instance of JSS.

6 REPLIES 6

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @ksanborn ,

We're aware of this issue and have it filed as PI-002913.

There is no workaround; at the moment the notifications will only work in Self Service.

If you have not already opened a case with your TAM and would like to do so to get it attached to PI-002913, please get in touch with them either by phone, by sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

ksanborn
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response. I did log a request with our TAM. I wanted to make sure something was posted in case other ran in to the same problem.

Rapheck
New Contributor

This Issue is still persistent. Is jamf still planning to fix it?

red_beard
New Contributor III

@Rapheck Did this ever get resolved for you? We still cannot get native push notifications to appear for our users. They only appear in the Self-service app.

Rapheck
New Contributor

@red_beard no, i am afreid not. Yes, it only appears in self service, and also only if i open self service. ;) i would'nt really call it notifications ^^

red_beard
New Contributor III

Just as a follow-up. This feature is now working when I last test in September of 2021.