Jamf Remote Assist logon issue

antti_saarikivi
New Contributor

Hi all!

Wondering if anyone has seen this, I generally have 2 local accounts on our MacBooks, one standard user and one administrator, both have secureToken. The MacBook is idling in the logon screen (took logoff from the OS), connected to network, Jamf Remote enabled from the Management -page of computer details.

If I start a Jamf Remote session the logon page opens nicely and I can try to logon. I am not however able to logon with my administrator account. The error I get is, that I have an incorrect password (see screenshot), but as you can imagine, I'm quite 100% that I have it correct. I am able to copy paste it from the password management to the window, and I am also able to use the same password if I logon from the keyboard the MacBook itself. So something else if happening here, but I'm a bit lost what it could be.

Note, that I can logon to the same machine into an unattended session with my standard user account without any problem from the same window. I am also able to log to an attended session to the same machine if the administrator account has logged on from the keyboard first. Only the unattended session with the administrator account has this issue. I'm seeing this on multiple devices.

Has anyone else seen this?

antti_saarikivi_0-1706516773365.png

5 REPLIES 5

glpi-ios
Contributor III

We have same issue !!!

glpi-ios
Contributor III

For information, our administrator account is hidden. Maybe that's where the problem comes from?

n_lecchi
Contributor

same issue

ivanlovisi
New Contributor III

same issue

ivanlovisi
New Contributor III

Support response:

"

Overall, It looks like JRA has issues with:

- Making a remote connection with JRA using hidden local account credentials when the computer is unattended. This does not work due to JRA showing that credentials are incorrect.

- Making a remote connection with JRA using formerly hidden local account credentials when the computer is unattended. This does not work due to JRA showing that credentials are incorrect.

Issues mentioned above have been highlighted in the  Product Issue submitted -  PI115945 - Jamf Remote Assist cannot make unattended sessions using a Hidden local account's credentials.

"