Jamf stopping Jetbrains software working

Jbt
New Contributor

Jamf seems to have taken over Jetbrains Toolbox installation and causes issues when doing any software update.

Toolbox is looking for/using /Library/Application Support/JamfAppInstallers/com.jetbrains.toolbox folder but Jamf keeps on deleting it. Need to recreate it manually every time to update a tool otherwise the Jetbrains software doesn't run at all.

Can't see any setting to change this folder or to stop Jamf from removing it (and the child folders). Is there something that can be done?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

JustinC
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Jbt the /Library/Application Support/JamfAppInstallers/ directory is the staging directory for App Installers. This is where all pending installers get downloaded and queued. Once the installation has successfully completed the temporary folder is removed. There should not be any apps running from within this directory. I just did an install of Jetbrains Toolbox via App Installers on a test machine and after successfully installing and launching Toolbox, there was no com.jetbrains.toolbox folder created within the directory. Did you manually launch the Toolbox app from within the Application Support directory at some point?

Jbt
New Contributor

Hello @JustinC Thanks for the response. Not that I remember.  I would have installed it via the download from their website and if it's not auto launching I would generally use spotlight to launch it

JustinC
Contributor II
Contributor II

App Installers installed Jetbrains Toolbox into the /Applications folder on my test machine as expected. There is a chance that when launching Toolbox via Spotlight, it launched a version that may have been queued to install in the /Library/Application Support/JamfAppInstallers/ directory on your machine. Do you have a version of Jetbrains Toolbox in your /Applications directory?