JAMF Teacher

bvondeylen
Contributor II

I thought I heard at JNUC that JAMF was hoping to have JAMF Teacher made available to people using JAMF Pro (vs JAMF School).

I am wondering how that process is going. We could really use JAMF Teacher…

13 REPLIES 13

KatieE
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @bvondeylen - at JNUC last year, we did announce our plans to bring Jamf Teacher to Pro, and it's still in progress (though we do not yet have a release date). What features are you looking for in particular?

Thanks!

S_Whalen
New Contributor II

I would also like this. It seems that app, in addition to Apple Classroom, would really benefit some of our teaching staff. Any status update regarding a potential release date? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Since Apple Classroom only works within Bluetooth range, something similar without that gotcha does sound neat. We don’t want to spy on iPads offsite, but locking them into a few focused apps during the instructional day does sound like it’s something teachers would appreciate.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Would love for the features of Jamf School Teacher to make their way to Jamf Pro

jacinferreira
New Contributor II

Need!

Would love to know if there is a timeline on this feature?

bvondeylen
Contributor II

We moved on from Jamf Pro to Jamf School. I will say I prefer Jamf School far more than Jamf Pro, even with all the headaches of re-enrolling all our 3,800 iPads into Jamf School and moving all our VPP licenses of our 1,000+ apps to Jamf School. I really do like Jamf School.

lrivera
New Contributor II

Would love to make this available to our teachers. They want to be able to focus student iPads on one or 2 apps. They'd also like to view time spent on apps.

Nehal
New Contributor

You can integrate Jamf Teacher with Jamf Pro in 10.24
https://docs.jamf.com/10.24.1/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Integrating_Jamf_Teacher_with_Jamf_Pro.html

wisec
New Contributor

I was excited to see this added to JAMF Pro in version 10.24. During initial testing, I noticed that teachers do not have the option to manually create classes and I don't see an option to allow it in JAMF Pro, per the teacher guide. It seems from the "Integrating with JAMF Teacher" section in the admin guide that a requirement is that classes are created in JAMF Pro. Am I missing something? If not, is there going to be the option to allow teachers to manually create classes in a future Pro release or is this only an option in JAMF School?

ckotas
New Contributor II

How did you get it to work in JAMF Pro? I see in JNUC 2020 we can do this.

indeskize
New Contributor II

ckotas. i found everything i needed to get it working here https://docs.jamf.com/10.24.1/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Integrating_Jamf_Teacher_with_Jamf_Pro.html

indeskize
New Contributor II

i was here looking to see if anyone asked yet if Jamf Pro Teacher will get the student app integration like Jamf school users have

david_yenzer
Contributor II

We've got the app configuration settings pasted in there for Jamf Teacher - and so far it's working the same as the regular Classroom app by bringing in our classes from PowerSchool. But we are missing the button to "add class" to allow teachers to create an ad-hoc class.......how?