jamfAgent in Accessibility

roethelbc
New Contributor III

I am currently using AppleScripts to allow users to run a policy in Self Service to reset their AD password, to help resolve keychain sync issues. However, when I run the policy it gets blocked by Security&Privacy. I am looking for a way to enable the check box for jamfAgent. I have read on other forums about using terminal to modify the database, however, I am unsure of what exactly I need to be adding to this to make it work. Thanks all.

6 REPLIES 6

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

I have had success with a command like this to add items into the Accessiblity database:

sqlite3 /Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "INSERT or REPLACE INTO access VALUES('kTCCServiceAccessibility','/usr/sbin/jamfAgent',0,1,1,NULL)"

Command line utilities don't usually show up with a checkbox in the GUI panel of Security and Privacy, but if you read the database, it should show as being in there.

sqlite3 /Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "SELECT * from access"

roethelbc
New Contributor III

I see how that adds the item to the database. The issue I am having is that I need have the app checked to allow it to run. If it is just sitting there nothing happens and the apple script does not work.

roethelbc
New Contributor III

Never mind, if I change the last parameters from ,0,1,1, to 1,1,1, it will load the agent with the checkbox enabled.

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

Interesting. I was able to do this, too.

This command does work to allow the checkbox:

sqlite3 /Library/Application Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db "INSERT or REPLACE INTO access VALUES('kTCCServiceAccessibility','/usr/sbin/jamfAgent',1,1,1,NULL)"

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@jacob_salmela thanks for posting tccutil https://github.com/jacobsalmela/tccutil works very well for this kind of thing.

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

@jhbush1973 I'm glad it worked for you. I made that utility shortly after this post was created. If you do run into any problems, let me know.