January 2024 MS Office downloads from macadmins.software?

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I always download the monthly mid-month updates of MS Office from macadmins.software and there is sometimes a day or two delay. However the January updates are still missing from the site. Is Microsoft no longer maintaining that site?

7 REPLIES 7

dmccluskey
Contributor

Macadmins is a 3rd party page.

The official MS page is

Update history for Office for Mac - Office release notes | Microsoft Learn

Even on the official MS page, only the full suite download has been updated to 16.81 (Jan release). There are updater packages for the Office apps to 16.81, but not stand alone installers. The stand alone installer links all still point to 16.80, which is not normal. There are usually an updated suite installer, stand alone installers, and updater installers. 

My hope is that whenever the stand alone installers get updated, then macadmins.software will get updated as well. MS is notorious for not updating links with other products (OneDrive primarily), but Office has usually been pretty good historically. Hopefully this is not the new normal. 

talkingmoose

Something else is up. The links at the top never change — only the download files change. Therefore, I should be able to click any of the Download links and get the current versions. That’s not happening.

The links there differ very slightly from the official Microsoft page. @pbowden may not be aware of it.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Thanks for bringing this up. Thought I was going crazy only seeing the updates from mid Dec 2023 on the page. Something is broken, and will hopefully get fixed soon. I sure hope it does, because the macadmins.software page has been a godsend for grabbing any of the installers.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I'm still surprised that macadmins.software still hasn't been updated. Unfortunately I am unable to visit the macadmins slack to ask the group, but is @pbowden aware yet?  Digging through the "official" MS page looking for the update isn't as easy.  macadmins.software also had quick links for non-Office apps like Remote Desktop and Edge and others.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I found out yesterday that although the labeling on the page for the versions isn't updated yet, the links all seem to be downloading the current versions, like 16.81.24011420. So just ignore the incorrect versions showing at the moment. You can still grab the current releases from that page it seems.