Java 8 / TOMCAT

H3144-IT
Contributor II

Lean web application servers such as Tomcat have a clear advantage here in that they are not dependent on the specifics of any JDK version. Tomcat 8 has been tested against OpenJDK 8 for half a year already and is generally declared compatible with Java 8. Even Tomcat 7 joins that club, receiving an upgraded Eclipse compiler etc as well.

So Tomcat presents itself as immediate production-quality options for use with JDK 8.

But has anyone details on something that does not work with Casper 9.3?!

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I would be really interested to see the performance on JDK 8 on 9.3... mostly because I'm done 'testing' new stuff for the month ;-)

H3144-IT
Contributor II

Hey Chris,

another few months have passed - did you had a go at

Java 8 TomCat 7
and
Casper 9.32

???

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Well... unfortunately no. I've also not run across anyone else using it either and so haven't felt compelled to test it as we've got no current need for it. That said, I will be looking into it next week. If it's something that looks like it is a simple swap then I'll have it in. Right now, I'm sorting out an issue with Casper Admin and my checksum values so I've got to sort that first.

Anyone else try/have to use it?

H3144-IT
Contributor II

Hey Chris,

with Release of Casper 9.7x

I have updated to JCE 1.8 & MySQL-5.6.24-osx10.9-x86_64

After the Upgrade, I had to reload Casper from my last Backup though.

Other than that - it works fine & stable for me...

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

@H3144-IT Sweet. I was actually going to head down this route between programs. That's good to hear. I'm assuming that you still had to shut off safe mode?