JAWA Configuration

spesh
New Contributor III

I am trying to set up JAWA (https://github.com/jamf/JAWA) to use within my organization for automated notifications to a Teams channel. We have an older Mac Pro we were going to use to host the RHEL server for JAWA. My organization's InfoSec department informed us they require this type of an application to be hosted by Azure for security and compliance purposes. 

I have not registered an application with Azure before, and I am also pretty foggy when it comes to certificates. I know it is a longshot as I would imagine JAWA is pretty niche, but if anyone has had to register an application with Azure before, or has successfully implemented JAWA in their organization I would immensely appreciate all the help I can get. 

1 REPLY 1

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I would suggest reaching out to Microsoft, or posting this on a Microsoft discussion. Azure App hosting is a bit out of the lane of JAMF Nation.

I would imagine you would need IAAS so you have control over the host operating system as I doubt Microsoft would set this up for you.

Certificates are no that bad once you understand them. They are literally just a text file you shove in a keystore. There are requirements the certificate should meet, but just follow the documentation when making the CSR and you should be good.