JSS 9.21 replication failures

evarona
New Contributor II

I'm setting up new SMB distribution point (AFP is not an option) on a v9.21 JSS and while trying to replicate I will frequently get the following error.

ERROR: Cannot copy Dummy_Package.dmg (Dummy Package) because it does not exist on the master distribution point.

I just now tried to index some packages and saw a similar error from Casper Admin

Could not index /Volumes/CasperShareDAV/Dumm_Package.dmg ERROR: The package Dummy_Package.dmg could not be found

On most occasions I saw only a few packages in the /Volumes/CasperShareDAV folder but on this last time I see the Dummy_Package.dmg is there and mountable. Fortunately, restarting Casper Admin usually fixes this. Just curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.

2 REPLIES 2

scottb
Honored Contributor

We have seen this when the CasperShare rights on the SMB volume get wacked.
Check the SMB CasperShare rights for both admin and install accounts.
If you mount the SMB manually and see that it's there, this can be one of the reasons.
Noting that I'm still using 8.6.4, but the same issue (in theory).

evarona
New Contributor II

@boettchs,
Thanks Scott but the rights are fine. After a few days of checking, I see that sometimes Casper Admin doesn't list all of the packages when it mounts the WebDAV share. I'm not sure if it's due to the JSS using WebDAV or not but it's rather annoying.