JSS Cloud VPP issues

bvondeylen
Contributor II

We use JSS Cloud. We are having all sorts of issues with VPP and installing apps from Self Service.

All of our apps are using Device based distribution.

I will see an app in VPP Content that says we have 6000 licences, and 0 'In Use', yet when I click on the 0, the header will say 1046 mobile devices have the app assigned to them.

Now when people attempt to install within Self Service, the install button turns into a infinitely long circle. The app never installs.

Checking the Management TAB in Casper reveals the App is not available to install???

We have over 300 apps that we purchased from VPP in Casper. Right now we cannot install any of them. It has been that way all week.

Anybody else seeing these issues?

2 REPLIES 2

DaveyC
New Contributor

We are seeing something similar, in that our apps are all paid for, in VPP and MOST of our iPads are getting their apps. However...

We are using a self-hosted solution. Internal or external, delays for these devices are the same.

Depending on no reason we can determine, sometimes when we build an iPad, everything comes right down, other times, hours/days/never. No reason we or JAMF can discern.

Simple configuration tasks on iPads that are IN JAMF with apps and configs, such as opening and closing the restrictions, lock/unlock, etc, take anywhere from 5 minutes to days/weeks/never.

For the most part, we are 95% solid, but the response and tasks queues are slow and lagging. We tried uninstalling the Apple Classroom components, and that has seemed to help a bit, and have been regularly clearing the queue of failed/completed/pending tasks in hopes to kickstart the queue again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

techjason
Contributor

We are witnessing this same issue here with our JSS cloud. All of a sudden we can not deploy any apps. I am guessing/hoping that you resolved it.

Can you share your resolution?