LDAP mappings

Not applicable

Hi all,

The short version of my question:
What's the best way to make custom LDAP mappings stick when you're using LDAP for authentication? We need the custom settings because on our student side there are very few mappings available and login takes 5 minutes while searching and failing to find non-existent mappings.

The slightly longer version:

I'm working in a computer lab situation where I want to use LDAP for authentication. Unfortunately, on the student side our LDAP has very few mappings so when you use the default mappings it takes about 5 minutes to log in while it searches and fails to find non-existent mappings. (we also don't have roaming profiles or anything like that. Home directories are just mapped statically to a local account on the machine).

So, in my past setup (we're switching over to casper right now) I've simply gone into the directory utility and removed any and all mappings that I know don't exist.

Anyway, all I want is for those mappings, which appear to be stored in /Library/Preferences/DirectoryService/Data/ DSLDAPv3PlugInConfig.plist to be applied. However, it appears as the though the way casper does the bindings will overwrite whatever I attempt to do.

I hope I've explained this well.

Any way to make those custom mappings stick?

Thanks,

-Baker

--------------------------------------------------------------
Baker Franke
Computer Science Dept.
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools

0 REPLIES 0