Lion imaging workflow?

nkalister
Valued Contributor

Hello, list- I'm trying to get a Lion imaging workflow working in casper, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me. Currently, the issues I'm seeing are that the 'ensure computers imaged with this configuration' settings are not working (the account specified is not created), my active directory binding isn't executed, either, even though the install log says it did, the ownership of the root volume is not set correctly, and the only way to get a bootable image is to use an offline casper imaging repository on an external disc. If I try to run the image configuration against my networked casper distribution point, the InstallESD.dmg installation is skipped and the resulting image is not bootable.
Any tips? Right now, all I can do is use the standard lion installer, then run my quick add package and push my software and configs via policy. InstaDMG is failing me here as well.
nick

4 REPLIES 4

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

You cannot use the InstallESD from Casper Admin (I've a defect logged with JAMF about this).

BUT, if you compile a configuration with just the lion installer on a lion machine. It will create you a dmg that's clean & never booted (lIle InstaDMG).

Regards,

Ben.

Cyberghost
New Contributor III

Hi Nicholas,

I've tested AD-Binding last week. I can't Login as Networkuser. After installing 10.7.2 beta it works fine. Or you must change the AD searchdomains.

Thorsten

English is not my Language :-)

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

What I found is that if I incl the 10.7.2 beta in the compiled image, then it does NOT create the restore partition. If I just add the update as part of the deployment then it's fine.

John Wojda
Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility
3333 Beverly Rd.  B2-338B
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
Phone:  (847)286-7855
Page:  (224)532.3447
Team Lead DEI: Matt Beiriger
Team Lead Mobility: Chris Sta Ana
                   Mac Tip/Tricks/Self Service & Support

"Any time you choose to be inflexible in your approach to an unpredictable project you are already building failure into your plan"

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I found if you compile the image you're ok. If you do a straight install it boots to recovery partition only and while the OS partition appears complete, it's never blessed as bootable.

j
---
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Client Services
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420