Local Distribution Point for Pre-Stage?

rmaldonado
New Contributor

Hey all my fellow JAMFers,

Just curious if it is possible to set a local distribution point for a Pre-Stage on computers that will be imaged on network? or if you can somehow copy the autorun settings to my local DP and have machines use it

i.e. If I wanted to image from my thunderbolt drive I set up with 2 partitions(bootable OS, and replicated DP w/ Casper Imaging at root), but still have it call down all the Pre-stage settings, and keep run count.

I am able to image with the thunderbolt drive no problem, but it would be nice to keep a run count for my environment, and ease the learning curve for some of the technicians who would be using this mobile imaging solution. As it stands right now, everything images, but settings are blank when casper imaging launches, and none of the post run scrips are running(bind AD, JSS enrollment, hardening, etc.) which is just going to be a much larger learning curve for the technicians who will be assisting me. Ultimately, if its possible, I would like to be able to image machines using the DP on my thunderbolt drive, yet still use a pre-stage for them. You may be be wondering "But why rgmaldon, when you could just set up netboot and do it that way!" and the reason is because I currently have to support 2 locations, and the secondary location only has a 1 gigabit connection. Probably goes without saying, but imaging more than 1 or 2 machines simultaneously with that bandwidth is not very attractive and not really even that reliable. My first thought was if I could somehow use my main DP to pull the prestage, and then use the DP on the thunderbolt for install, but I realized I was diving deeper into something I wasn't sure about, so I thought I would ask you guys.

Sorry for the diatribe, hopefully it makes a little sense, and if not I will do my best to clarify.

Thanks again guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Take a look here, specifically at Chris_Hafner's solution in the thread. This may fit the bill-
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1230

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Take a look here, specifically at Chris_Hafner's solution in the thread. This may fit the bill-
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1230

rmaldonado
New Contributor

Thanks mm2270! This is exactly what I was looking for!