Lock Screen Message - Variables

oschools20
New Contributor

942cac119d0b48e481a3204fa6d5c041

Hi,

Is it possible to put in variables within these fields such as the serial number of a device easily? This would be very handy to be able to see on the lock screen.

Thanks. :)

5 REPLIES 5

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

Here is a list of variables that can be used in a Mobile Device Configuration Profile.

oschools20
New Contributor

Thank you!

chrisgrande
New Contributor II

FYI, these variables aren't dynamic once on device, so if you use #DEVICENAME it burns that name onto Home Screen and it doesn't update if the device name changes. You need to remove and reapply the config to get the new name.

rpeterson
New Contributor II

@cgrande thanks for the heads up on this. I noticed that when I automatically enrolled a device through configurator and then later paired a user with the device, the Lock Screen Message was impartial (only showed part of the script). When I excluded the device from the configuration profile and then added it again, the lock screen message stated everything I needed it to. Thanks!

Mcfcologne2
New Contributor

I just tryed it with $USERNAME, its not working. Thar variable is shown on the lock screen. It doesnt mater if i use $ (as in documentation) or # (your example) ...