Looking for a way to add "Safe Senders" in Outlook for MacOS

cookg
New Contributor

Hello, Our organization would like to set the "Download External Images" to "Only in Messages from my Contacts" which we were able to do with ease. However, we want to add a few known emails to everyones contacts or at least to the "Junk - Safe Senders" list so this change doesn't cause issues with our users. Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would suggest taking this to Microsoft's technet as it's a question about Microsoft services. I'm vaguely familiar with the exchange online, but I don't directly manage those functions so I could not explain it very well to someone.

Home - Microsoft Community Hub

Create safe sender lists - Microsoft Defender for Office 365 | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ajpinton1
New Contributor

You can push contacts to Outlook from the Admin Console, this is not something MDM would do. Your safe senders list and other configurations like that also come from the Admin Console.

Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate on the process of using an Admin Console to push these settings?

I would suggest taking this to Microsoft's technet as it's a question about Microsoft services. I'm vaguely familiar with the exchange online, but I don't directly manage those functions so I could not explain it very well to someone.

Home - Microsoft Community Hub

Create safe sender lists - Microsoft Defender for Office 365 | Microsoft Learn

Thanks again, we tried to use Exchange to push these setting, but it doesn't sync to a MacBook. If a user logs into a Windows PC and launches Outlook it would sync there and then sync back to the MacBook. However, not all of our MacBook users have a Windows PC.