Mac Apps not installing

rtarson
New Contributor II

Hello,

So I'm circling back to this as last summer I have been having the same issue I am experiencing now. Which is Mac Apps both App Store and Jamf Catalog do not work at all. 

I have created a test with Loading the 2024 Creative Cloud suite put my test mac into a group and made sure mac was online, connected, and open. I send off the App to automatically install but absolutely nothing happens. I tried with a couple macs I have here to test. Nothing works, I've checked our firewalls to make sure nothing in there is blocking anything, and nothing. I dont know if someone knows some way of better troubleshooting or finding out where in the process of software install it is. We need to do a mass upgrade this upcoming weeks it would be nice to use this feature instead of making bunch of profiles and scripts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Out of curiosity, is the 2024 Creative Cloud Suite already installed on the test Macs? Were any Adobe Creative Cloud apps installed before your Jamf App Install test run?

I could be wrong here, but I thought we'd have to install the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite first by getting the desired package/s from the Adobe Admin Console. Once you package and push the Adobe Creative Cloud apps, or have the users install apps via the Adobe CC GUI, you can keep them updated via the Jamf Catalog.

I also don't have any issues with Jamf App Installers on 3rd party apps and use it for Adobe Acrobat and Reader as well.

If it helps, we also use Adobe RUM for Adobe Updates as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

I've deployed Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro without issue via JAMF App Catalog

And many non Adobe apps. 

To try and see under the hood on test devices I install:

https://objective-see.org/products/blockblock.html

you may also find this useful:

https://objective-see.org/products/lulu.html

If they don't work inside your network, do they work outside? 

The MDM install is in /var/log/install.log 

I also check the box to install the associated config profiles, check they are deployed to the test devices. 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Out of curiosity, is the 2024 Creative Cloud Suite already installed on the test Macs? Were any Adobe Creative Cloud apps installed before your Jamf App Install test run?

I could be wrong here, but I thought we'd have to install the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite first by getting the desired package/s from the Adobe Admin Console. Once you package and push the Adobe Creative Cloud apps, or have the users install apps via the Adobe CC GUI, you can keep them updated via the Jamf Catalog.

I also don't have any issues with Jamf App Installers on 3rd party apps and use it for Adobe Acrobat and Reader as well.

If it helps, we also use Adobe RUM for Adobe Updates as well.

rtarson
New Contributor II

This might be the case. I went and installed something that I have not yet every with 3rd party app and it installed fine. Trying to see what I need to do to "scrub" suite completely