Mac is not enrolling through DEP/ADE

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

I can see one mac is present in ABM and assigned to the correct MDM server in ABM but when we are going to provision the mac, it is configuring locally as personal mac device but not enrolling in JAMF automatically. I unassigned the mac from the present MDM and reassigned back to the same MDM server but still no luck. I can see the storage is showing Unknown in ABM portal for this mac, but for other macs it is showing the storage and those are getting enrolled in JAMF automatically. What might be the possible causes and what should be the resolution here?

9 REPLIES 9

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

If it was multiple devices I would say renew your MDM Server token. However, since it's a single device, you need to call Apple. As you said something in ABM does not look right for this device, which suggest something is wrong, and ABM is fully within Apples domain of support.

talkingmoose

Something simple to verify.

Between failed enrollment attempts, be sure you're completely resetting your computers using Erase All Content and Settings. The Apple Setup Assistant will cache the first response it receives from Apple. If that response is, "I don't have anything for you," then your computer won't try again.

Make sense, so reimage a way to proceed on further.

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I have to ask the obvious question, did you build a PreStage and is the computer selected in the PreStage? I ask only because you only mention ABM and not the Jamf Pro side of the equation. 

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

Hello Steve,

PreStage is OK as other devices are getting enrolled fine. 

This mac is showing up in PreStage scope.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Does the "Device Assignment Status" say assigned for that device? I think it takes about 10 minutes or so for it to sync with ABM.

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

It is showing Assigned. Still not picking up the DEP/ADE enrolment.

TheCookieMonsta
New Contributor II

additional dumb question. is the asset selected in prestage.?

Deku91
New Contributor III

Hi,

Not sure if this would help, but I had something similar happened to me, what I eneded up doing after I re-imaged the Mac I run this command in terminal "sudo profiles renew -type enrollment"  you should see a notification on the right upper side of the monitor, click on it and enroll the Mac. Profiles should start downloading.