Mac Mini

agyekum28
New Contributor III

I have about 30 mac mini's in asm that's pointed to jamf server, but these are not in jamf pro - we did go over our device count license in jamf pro but since our rep has added some, wondering how i can get them in jamf now, will i have to unbox them and reinstall the OS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheAngryYeti
Contributor
Contributor

After verifying the devices are assigned to your JAMF instance AND are in a prestage you can run this command in terminal on each device  - sudo profiles renew -type enrollment  -  this will enroll the device to JAMF without having to erase it, the caveat here is it will not do the things in the prestage but it will be enrolled and supervised.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@agyekum28 Are you saying that those Mac minis were previously enrolled in your Jamf Pro instance? If they are in ASM, but not showing under Automated Device Enrollment in your Jamf Pro console, sign in to your ASM account and verify that they are actually assigned to your Jamf Pro instance (you can assign them if they aren't).

TheAngryYeti
Contributor
Contributor

After verifying the devices are assigned to your JAMF instance AND are in a prestage you can run this command in terminal on each device  - sudo profiles renew -type enrollment  -  this will enroll the device to JAMF without having to erase it, the caveat here is it will not do the things in the prestage but it will be enrolled and supervised.