Macbook will not re-install

wsimms751
New Contributor

I have this macbook that is managed by us and I went to wipe the current macbook profile because the user is no longer associated with the device. When I went to re-install the device with the OSX it would act like it was downloading and then after letting it sit all day it would give me an error. The error would say"some components of the OS could not be verified with apple" then it would give me the option to close out and start over.

Has anyone had this problem?

2 REPLIES 2

CapU
Contributor III

I don't like to re-install using that method. It takes too long. Why not create a bootable usb or external drive with the installer on it?
In an emergency I'll use disk makerx http://diskmakerx.com

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

Yes. First thing to do is check the date & time of the MacBook Pro while you're in the recovery OS. Your Mac uses the system clock to verify the integrity of the download.

You may need to back out of the install section, go to the Utilities menu and open Terminal, then reset the clock using the "date" command. The syntax is a little funky, but it goes like this:

date mmddHHMMccyy.ss

So, for today's date and time--at 12:15PM when this post was made--you would write the following:

date 011912152017.00