macOS Monterey

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

Hey All,

How are we?

Just fishing for some info .. Has anyone come across a issues with macOS Monterey where a system with restart ( triggered via jamf or manually) . The user will auto at the FV login page and then prompted at OS user level but instead of login them into the mac .. it will just sit on the white loading bar and only load about 15% and sit there for ever...

so far the only fix i have is a wipe / re-image but thats not scalable ... 

Has anyone see this before?

Thanks

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

If you're able to get into the device with Safe Boot you could look at any special system extensions or launch daemons you might be load. Keep an eye on drive space as well. I've had issues in the past where a device had < 5% free drive space and couldn't complete an OS update, just getting stuck at the OS load bar. We could get into that device via SafeBoot, cleared a bunch of stale data and it was able to reboot and complete correctly.

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

@andrew_nicholas Unfortunatly no .. safe mode is a no go..

It turned out it was related to JAMF connect .. I followed this doc - "Disabling Jamf Connect in Recovery Mode"

Disable JAMF Connect from Recovery

After i disabled JC .. and rebooted the system booted into the OS correctly.

Thanks

Rob

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

That actually sounds similar to an issue we have with JC, PI110230, where some subset of devices cannot successfully apply the latest Big Sur/Monterey updates when authchanger is used to configure something. We don't have a failed load bar but rather a black screen with a mouse icon in the upper left. The only reliable solutions have been to scope a JC uninstall or exclude the device from the JC config profile until the process completes.