MacOS Server push certificate renewal

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I am having a serious brainfart and my google searches aren't giving me what I need. My MacMini server running Sierra that I'm using for Netboot and Caching (and hopefully soon Profile Manager) is telling me that the Apple Push Notification Service certificates are expiring soon (March 14) and it lists

apns:com.apple.alerts
apns:com.apple.calendar
apns:com.apple.contact
apns:com.apple.mail
apns:com.apple.mgmt

although I'm not using calendar, contacts, and mail at this time. The notification tells me the cert can be renewed in Server. I go to Server > Certificates and the only cert it shows is "Server Fallback SSL Certificate" that I don't remember ever setting up. I logged into the Apple Push Certifications Portal and I see my server listed but only a Revoke button next to it. How on earth do I renew the cert or even just start over with a brand new one? I can't find anywhere on the server nor in the Portal an option to create a new APN cert. I know I've done this before in the past but this is really confounding me for some reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

ugh... nevermind. I found it in a very inconspicuous location. Server > server name > Settings > Edit Apple ID > renew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

ugh... nevermind. I found it in a very inconspicuous location. Server > server name > Settings > Edit Apple ID > renew

andrew_hoover
New Contributor

Thank you so much for replying to your post with what you found, it saved me a headache. I couldn't for the life of me locate where I had to go in Server.app to renew my APNS certificate.

I initially passed over the "Edit Apple ID..." button because it was greyed out and APN was unchecked, so I didn't think that's where I had to go. So if anyone else is having this problem, just check "Apple Push Notifications" to enable the button.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I always try to post the answers to my own questions because I'm sure someone else out there will have the same difficulties.