Mail Management iOS (Office 365 Email)

ckeats
New Contributor II

Currently our employees use either Outlook or Apple Mail on there iOS device. I found a way to manage the Outlook app if its already installed on the device (allowing me to remove it once they leave). I need a way to manage our email if its setup in Apple Mail either by remove it, forcing them to use the MDM to use it, or block them from using Apple Mail with our email. Apple doesn't look like it allows much management over the Apple Mail.

Currently i cant even find a way to see which email addresses are setup in Apple Mail on the device (Allowing me to contact the person and request they install it the MDM way). If i add the email with a profile when its already on the device it just creates another one. So i have no real way to manage or see if its on the device already.

Currently we use Office 365 Email and i don't have the ability for active sync, which could allow me to setup a certificate which needs to be installed before they can get mail forcing them to use the MDM to get email. I wasn't sure if someone else found another way to manage emails on already installed devices or if they have something on the office 365 end i can do to manage it.

All these devices are personally owned and are setup as institutionally owned (Which allows me more control over the device in areas we need).

1 REPLY 1

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I am willing to share my Office 365 Apple Mail profile if that helps:

ada2443ced794f878ff590bf1c69f637
f1f0b437091e4d8896c184a3a7e964ec

We only scope it to those we wish to have it in our case. We can remove it simply by descoping (which we do as punishment to our students who abuse it). We also choose to lock down the ability to add any other email services by using the restrictions payload to block adding other accounts.