Malwarebytes for Mac 3.x

JoshRouthier
Contributor

Has anyone had any luck with getting the new Malwarebytes for Mac 3 menu bar item hidden from a policy or script? Been digging through the Application Support and Preferences for by the OS and User, and can't seem to find anything that changes if you check or uncheck the "Hide Application Icon" in the Malwarebytes settings. Thank you for any help you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I asked Thomas Reed of MalwareBytes about this on MacAdmins Slack, and his response was "I don't think there's a way to do that currently."

You may want to contact their support and submit this as a feature request.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Use Composer in the "Monitor File System Changes" mode to capture what files/plists are being written to when you make the change in the MalwareBytes UI. It has to be writing the change to something. Composer may be able to reveal it so you can then see if scripting the same change would be possible.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I asked Thomas Reed of MalwareBytes about this on MacAdmins Slack, and his response was "I don't think there's a way to do that currently."

You may want to contact their support and submit this as a feature request.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

As nice as this would be, I'm more frustrated by the app version number being inaccurate. Installed 3.0.3 and the app version in Get Info and the info.plist is still listed as 3.0.3. Sigh. :-p

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

@cwaldrip I think you have a typo there. It looks like you're complaining about the Get Info section showing the correct version number for the program.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

@McAwesome You're correct. Get Info and info.plist are showing 3.0, when it actually should be 3.0.3. Makes tracking installed versions impossible for now. Luckily it's not like 3.0 vs. 4.0. ;-)

mani2care
Contributor

Malwarebytes uninstall script anything is available?