Management Commands for Help Desk

vantive
New Contributor III

I am creating a Jamf Pro User group for our Help Desk, and I want them to have the ability to use some or all of the Management Commands available. Which privileges do I assign to the group? Right now all they have is Send Blank Push.. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-10 at 10.14.11 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

vantive
New Contributor III

Of course 5 mins after posting, I found it. Was being myopic and only looking in the Jamf Pro Server Objects section and not in the Jamf Pro server Actions - where I found what I needed.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Lol, this gets the best of us. 

gabester
Contributor III

Just because I'm sure I'll forget and stumble across this in several months, this is what we're talking about - setting a Jamf Pro user up to be able to send the various management commands, by setting privileges for that user up in Jamf Pro > Settings > System > User accounts and groups:

support send management commands 2023-04-23 at 10.34.57 PM copy_scaled_20230423.png

And @vantive if I had a penny for every time I've emailed Jamf support about how to do something or a trivial issue I just couldn't solve, and then came up with the answer within 5 minutes of sending it, I'd have some dollars by now! It probably has to do with really sitting down and framing the problem, letting the brain work it out in the background.