Management -- Pending Commands -- Pending

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

i see these pending commands on bunch of computers, what is going on?
Can someone explain whats happening or not happening?
These are on iMacs that are currently not being used since we are working remotely.
5cb7d07b3c1c4e70bd53d103a3a7aea2

16 REPLIES 16

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@tcandela If you've scoped a Configuration Profile to a device that isn't online then they'll show as Pending since they have not yet attempted installation (Jamf Pro/Apple have no way of knowing you're not using those systems)

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I haven't scoped a config profile with the pending commands listed. Is this something default that could be doing it?

i'll double check my config profiles for these

what would these be under? i don't see them

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Those are automatic commands sent to a Mac. You'll also see commands like UserList, SecurityInfo, ContentCachingInformation, and DeviceInformation. Take a look at History->Management History for an active computer sometime to get an idea of the normal command traffic.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I am still seeing these commands pending on computers that are online. I don't see a config profile that i setup that has these commands set. I don't even see or can find a payload with these options to even set them!!

KLordemann
New Contributor II

I am experiencing the same thing with a computer as well. Did you ever figure out why? As you can see this has checked in and inventory ran on it today.
47f64ca16b2244f5aaba54a37f5f47ad
b412a6a5889747c6b17f21fe3a882ad9

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@KLordemann no, im still seeing this issue. No idea what they are. I looked all over and do not see any configuration profile applied to these macs that have anything resembling those commands set.
I don't even so any options when even creating a configuration profile with those options to set.
Basically i don't have any idea where they're coming from.
When i see them i just cancel them. Not sure what else to do

johnsz_tu
New Contributor III

These commands aren't generated by any profile or setting you can change in JAMF Pro.

These happen as part of normal operation, and usually you'll see these commands being run a few times each day, sometimes when users log in, etc.

I don't see a config profile that i setup that has these commands set. I don't even see or can find a payload with these options to even set them!!

These are not set by any config profile, nor can they be configured with any payload. They are 'backend' or 'system' things that just happen automatically with the way that MDM works on iOS and macOS

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@johnsz_tu so when i see them sitting there 'pending' from a week before, or whenever, what should i do?

I usually just do 'cancel all'

the computer is online, why is it pending? will it prevent other commands from going through?

KLordemann
New Contributor II

@johnsz_tu Why do they show 'pending' for a week because if I look at other Mac's I never see any pending ones ever for them just this one. I mean I understand that they are supposed to happen. It Just doesn't make sense that the same thing shows pending forever unless you cancel them all. But then they come back again and go back to the same state again. Has its happened to you before?

jfriedel
New Contributor II

Same thing going on here.
I got bunch of computers with pending management commands. The config profiles I targeted devices with are obviously not getting applied.
Weird as the same profile is applied right away for other devices.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@jfriedel i get the same results. Configuration profiles get applied while some show pending, AND those pending computers are up and running. Makes no sense .
Then add on top of that all the other pending commands.

mlee001_hcs
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Seeing this also. After reboots and updates some commands still say pending. The only fix I've found so far is to unmanage the device and re-enroll it, which definitely isn't ideal to say the least.

KLordemann
New Contributor II

@mlee001_hcs I agree with you that it does fix it and definitely is not ideal. I also have seen when I have re-enrolled the device; it can have the same issue again.

skrituliukas
New Contributor II

Hello, for me renew apple push certificate helped.

Mcleveland
New Contributor III

The Apple Push Certificate, isn't that just for Apple application deployment through VPP?

"a push certificate that enables your third-party server to work with the Apple Push Notification Service and your Apple devices."