McAfee Endpoint Security PPPC

MikaelDez
Contributor

Hey everyone,

I would like to create a PPPC config file to allow McAfee to install without macOS blocking its system extension. Following this link: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91109
it tells me the PPPC profile key needs to be "SystemPolicyAllFiles". Using PPPC Utility, has anyone successfully accomplished what I'm trying to do?

Essentially I want to push Endpoint Security and it not prompt the user to allow the extension.

Thanks,
Mike

84 REPLIES 84

aprild
New Contributor III

@sdagley For Catalina 10.15.7 and Big Sur will the the CFS Whitelist, PPPC Whitelist and SEPC Whitelist provided by McAfee be the only needed config profiles to approve the system extensions required by ENS 10.7.5?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@aprild It has been for my installations.

mgorton
New Contributor III

@mario.magnus
Thank you for posting that. For the life of me, I could not get that to work and still don't know why. I had to add a slightly modified script to the postscript section of the pkg that was built and that works like a charm however. Just posting here for anyone else. There are many ways to skin a fish.

kamahmed
New Contributor II

Hi Guys

I am still getting these issues after enabling system extensions & PPPC

Upgraded the Agent to 5.6.6 Hotfix 1
Threat-Prevention-for-Mac-10.7.6

febc4bba50eb40b7b927e323208c6e07

907c9e055bbd41fb86a7a5943a9cdff5

rstasel
Valued Contributor

For TP, I only had to do SE and PPPC on Big Sur. For prior to Big Sur, you need a kext profile.

For PPPC I just grabbed the one from McAfee I believe. 2833dedda4234c1c91a34da01a4bfecf

0ef5124e72e949fab3f5b5043e22d281