MDM Capable Users

lunddal
Contributor

In the general information pane on a computer there is a field named MDM Capable Users.

It lists all the MDM capable users ever logged in on that computer even if the computer is reimaged.

Is there a way to flush the contents other than deleting the computer before reimaging?

9 REPLIES 9

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I was wondering if this was a bug too...

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

khowe
New Contributor II

I would love be to able to do this without having to run update statements on the database. I would think a re-enroll would flush this field like the others.

wdpickle
Contributor

Finding this post today.... Did any of you put this in as a feature request? I would also like to be able to flush the list when we need to reset users on our shared lab machines.

brock_college
New Contributor

The only way I have been able to sort this is by removing the framework on the client -

sudo jamf removeFramework

...and then re-enrolling it either by rolling out a 'Quick Add' package or manually enrolling via the website to your server -

https://pretenco.co.uk:8443/enroll

Hope this helps a bit.

lionelgruenberg
New Contributor III

@wdpickle I'm in your same boat. I would like to use the API to Delete mdm_capable_user entries. I just upvoted this Feature Request

wdpickle
Contributor

Thank you @lionelgruenberg for mentioning my name so I too could vote up!

jridgeway
New Contributor

Has anyone discovered a method to delete all the MDM capable users ever logged in on that computer without removing the framework?

joe_farage
New Contributor III
jamf removeMdmProfile && jamf manage

hope it helps ;)

Radeljic
New Contributor

What happens to the wifi profile when you execute: removeMdmProfile?
Would the device loose the wifi connection?
That doesn't sound like a good solution for me :-/