MDM profile not installed after internet recovery and DEP

thomas_moser
New Contributor III

Hi,

anyone experience the same?
On a freshly installed device (tested with MacBook Air 2015, MacBook Pro 15 2017) the MDM profile does not get installed.

Started into internet recovery mode, the SSD wiped (APFS) and then a fresh Mojave is installed (10.14.0).
JSS is on 10.7.1.
When the installation is finished all seems normal, you get asked the configuration we left enabled. You see the "Remote Management" part. In our case, you have to enter username and password. And after the user creation dialog you see the normal Mojave screen.

There are no policies starting, no profiles, jamf binaries are not installed and the MDM profile is missing too.

br Thomas

7 REPLIES 7

thomas_moser
New Contributor III

Update:
When trying to enroll manually over the JSS enroll page the CA Certificate gets installed successfully but the MDM profile fails with an SSL error: "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."

With High Sierra everything works just fine.

andymoser
New Contributor

I'm having precisely the same issue

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

Cloud or on-prem JSS? Maybe a TLS issue? Just a suggestion, since I'm still on 10.3 on-prem while we wait to transition to the cloud, but we had TLS issues that forced us to stay on 10.3 in the interim. I've only enrolled 10.14 devices on our network though, I haven't tried off-network.

thomas_moser
New Contributor III

Hi,
in my case on-prem (JSS 10.7.1).
I don't think that it is a TLS issue since High Sierra is working fine.
But I have an open case with JAMF and will keep you up to date.

scott_borcherdt
New Contributor II

@thomas.moser How did you go with this? We're seeing the exact same issue. Jamf 10.7.1 on prem, only occurs on 10.14.1.

vinny83
New Contributor III

Hey, wondering like the others if you saw any progress? We're finally looking at Mojave for production and I'm seeing this on Jamf Pro 10.8.0 (and we saw it on 10.7.1). Seems to happen with macOS 10.14, 10.14.1 and 10.14.2.

climberbry
New Contributor

Seeing the same here. Randomly, profiles seem to install, but most of the time they do not. Agreed on 10.14 - 10.14.2. Jamf version 10.8.0-t1539715549. Zero day support...ROFLMAO. smh.