MDM profiles not installing

Asnyder
Contributor III

When imaging my new machines they aren't grabbing the config profiles or managed preferences. Both are scoped to the department that the machines are a part of. When running

sudo jamf policy

or

sudo jamf manage -prompt

It says "management framework will be installed once all policies are done executing. This has been happening to the same machines for over a day now and I've tried restarts to see if it would help be I receive the same error message every time. Ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

ryanstayloradob
Contributor

Did you try sudo jamf mdm ?

Asnyder
Contributor III

I did, I tried sudo jamf removemdmprofile and then sudo jamf mdm afterwards.

Asnyder
Contributor III

The Error I'm receiving now is:

bash-3.2$ sudo jamf mdm
Getting management framework from the JSS...
Enabling MDM...
Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned 1 (The operation couldn’t be completed. (InternalError error 1.))
Problem installing MDM profile.
Problem detecting MDM profile after installation.
bash-3.2$

james_brock
New Contributor

I too have this exact same issue.

el2493
Contributor III

Did anyone ever figure this out? I have a computer that doesn't have any record of getting any management commands (Completed/Pending/Failed) that is able to sudo jamf policy and sudo jamf recon, but when I look at the computer in JSS it shows:

Verify MDM Enrollment: Enrolled MDM Capability: No

I tried sudo jamf mdm and sudo jamf mdm -userLevelmdm and both times I got the error message you mentioned:

Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned 1 (The operation couldn’t be completed. (InternalError error 1.)) Problem installing MDM profile.

allanp81
Valued Contributor

@el2493 might not be the reason, but I had a couple recently that wouldn't apply anything MDM and it turned out that the macs seemed to have no serial number.

el2493
Contributor III

@allanp81 thanks, when I check the computer inventory object I see that there is a serial number listed for the computer. I also read that some people had this issue when the JSS incorrectly created a Mobile Device entry with the computer's same Serial Number or UDID (and deleting the Mobile Device and doing sudo jamf mdm would fix it), but I checked in the JSS and that's not the case for this computer.