MDM Push Certificate lost

Busben777
New Contributor II

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help.

I went to renew my push certificate, but on logging into Apple the original one isn’t there - don’t know why.

Anyway, my issue is that my push certificate is now expired and can’t be renewed and now my iOS devices aren’t reachable via push and when I went to wipe them with Configurator 2 they’re showing as locked so I can’t do that either.

My installed profile isn’t user removable and doesn’t allow for wiping from the device.

so far I’m stuck with 60 odd unusable iPads - any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Busben777 The odds are that you used the wrong Apple ID to log in to the APNS portal. Check Settings->Global->Push certificates->MDM Push Notification Certificate to see if the Apple ID used to create the certificate was stored there (it's an optional field Jamf added to use as a reminder because trying to renew with the wrong Apple ID isn't as rare as one might hope).

If you still can't find the Apple ID for your APNS certificate Apple does have a group to help, see this page for contact options: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208643

Busben777
New Contributor II

Thanks for that. You got my hopes up that this was what I’d done. I have checked and it’s not - unfortunately.

What puzzles me is why I can’t wipe my devices with configurator using the Mac I provisioned them with.

Is there something I’m missing?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Busben777 I don't manage iOS/iPadOS devices, so I don't have any practical experience with them, but I would expect if you put an iPad into DFU mode (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212787) you would be able to do a  Restore on it with Apple Configurator.

A_Collins
New Contributor III

Assuming you are using correct Apple ID, then you can not resolve this without contacting Apple. So don't waste your time looking for a solution. 

Busben777
New Contributor II

Awesome,

Thanks everyone for the help.

Looks like I will need to get in touch with Apple.