messages agent wants to use the login keychain

dlondon
Valued Contributor

I'm getting a pop up saying "messages agent wants to use the login keychain" on a 10.10.2 NetBoot image I just made.

This is in a root logon and the login keychain is unlocked for root

In the login keychain there are several entries that may be causing this - not sure. Their names all start ids: and the Acess Control tab is set to Confirm before allowing access. I've temporarily changed the 4 entries to Allow all applications to access this item

Anyone else struck this or have a better grasp on what's going on and how to fix?

Regards,

David

5 REPLIES 5

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@dlondon, not sure how you created the NBI... But I've not seen this with AutoCasperNBI created NBI's (https://macmule.com/AutoCasperNBI).

Also, there is a known defect with Casper Imaging (current versions) & 10.10.2.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@bentoms

What is the known defect you're speaking of with JSS and 10.10.2?

Thanks!

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

scottb
Honored Contributor

@bentoms, cheers.

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Hi Ben,

I've just been using the System Image Utility to make the NetBoot image. I make a second partition on a machine. Rename the original to Original Macintosh HD and name the new blank one Macintosh HD. I then boot to a USB OSX 10.10.2 installer and instal on Macintosh HD. When it's all set up to my liking with an auto logon of Root and auto start of Casper Imaging (currently 9.62) I then boot into my Original Macintosh HD and run System Image Utility to make a new NetBoot image.

It doesn't seem to be consistant and I have remade the image a few times yesterday so not sure if that is the reason for it not being consistant or if it's a timing thing with whatever is using messages

Thanks for pointing me at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13184#responseChild77918

I have seen the same problem with 10.10.2 and Casper Imaging 9.62 and was banging my head with that one too. I think the answer is to just wait a bit and use the older 10.10.1 NetBoot image

Regards,

David