Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.4.8 update now available

coachwhite22
New Contributor II

This update provides the latest fixes for Office for Mac 2011. These include the following:
Functionality in Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue in which you cannot manipulate textboxes by using the keyboard in PowerPoint for Mac 2011 if you are using different input methods.
Functionality in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue that causes repeated password prompts for Office 365 Exchange Online accounts.
Functionality in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
This update fixes an issue that causes messages to be displayed incorrectly when you import certain .pst files that have Rich Text Format (RTF) encoding.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b394d1c0-4d0d-4b85-be48-22bbe71eadf6

4 REPLIES 4

jimmy-swings
Contributor II

I've not ever had the need to package an Office update before but I now have non-admin users and should probably investigate this. Are you able to point me to any documentation to package and push this update our through JSS?

Thanks, James.

Aaron
Contributor II

I just drop the package into Casper Admin, and create a Self Service policy to allow people to install it at will. You could probably create an auto-policy just fine, but you'd want to do it on logout or login.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

14.4.9 is out, and I used to use the @rtrouton method to expand the Office update package to edit the all_quit script. Now I use @calumhunter's OfficeUpdate_fixer script to do the same thing, and deploy the hacked update package via Self Service, Logout, or (after a couple of weeks) recurring check-in. Hasn't caused any issues that I know with updating apps that are open, but it's a last resort/certainly not ideal.

--Robert

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

For those using AutoPkg, @scraig has an AutoPkg recipe that will handle the all_quit editing automatically as part of AutoPkg downloading the update. I've been using it and it works great, saving me time and possible human error.

https://github.com/autopkg/sheagcraig-recipes/tree/master/MSOffice2011Updates